The Merit Contractors Association Scholarship provides assistance to children of Merit member employees pursuing post-secondary education, including apprenticeship technical training. This scholarship can be awarded to post-secondary students in any year of their current program, with a maximum of one application per student during their schooling. While this scholarship is not necessarily given out based on academic standing, there are a limited number of spots and Merit reserves the right to reject applications based on the number of applications we receive. The total sum awarded per person for the scholarship will be $1,500. The scholarship applies to any accredited post-secondary institution.
1) Student must be under 25 years of age at the February 28, 2019 deadline.
2) Student must be listed as the dependent child of an employee participating in the Merit salaried or hour bank plan.
3) Parent/Guardian must be in benefit at the time of application. (If you require further clarification as to your benefit status, please contact Mercon Benefit Services at 1-877-263-7266.)
Submit the following by February 28, 2019, to Merit Contractors Association:
1) The completed and signed application
2) ORIGINAL Transcript showing previous year of schooling.
a. University transcripts can be obtained from the registrar’s office. High School Transcripts can be obtained through the Alberta Department of Education, Transcript Department by phoning 780-427-5732. An employee living in Alberta whose child completed High School in a different province must provide an ORIGINAL* High School Transcript from that province.
*Please note: Transcripts will NOT be returned
3) Acceptance letter from institution including student ID number (can be a photocopy)
4) Verification of enrolment document
** Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please mail (or drop off) to:
Merit Contractors Association
103 – 13025 St. Albert Trail
Edmonton, Alberta T5L 4H5
Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted as an original Transcript is required to process the application.